Under the supervision responds to fire alarms, emergency medical calls, traffic accidents, rescue and other emergency calls to protect life and property drives operates and maintains fire apparatus equipment and other specialized vehicles; operates fire pumpers and related apparatus participates in training drill and independent studies participates in fire department equipment and facilities performs various staff support assignments and performs related work as assigned.
To perform this job successfully as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and ability required reasonable accommodations may be enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all of the duties of a firefighter and participates in all phases of fire company operations as assigned.
- Operates and drivers vehicles apparatus and equipment in a safe and professional manner determines and driver via the fastest route to the emergency scene responds to fires and other emergency and non-emergency incidents operates pumps aerial devices and other equipment specific to the assigned fire services apparatus.
- Performs minor preventative maintenance and vehicle inventory in accordance with district policies and procedures including maintenance of accurate records and the writing reports.
- Give the training of firefighters in the knowledge skills and duties of fire services vehicles apparatus equipment operation and maintenance may assume the responsibilities of fire
- Safety operates assigned vehicles apparatus equipment in an efficient and effective manner perform minor preventative maintenance to keep equipment operational assist in the selection of the route to driver to the emergency scene.
- Perform all Firefighter duties develop and maintain effective relationship with those contracts in the course of work.
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing maintain accurate up-to-date logs and records on vehicle apparatus and equipment maintenance write clear concise reports assist in training others in the requirements of the position perform duties and responsibilities of a fire
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to use hands , figure handle or feel objects and tools
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit or reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, jog or run.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 29 kg without assistance and up to 120 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have the ability to drive vehicles operate a personal computer read small print on document and maps detect subtle shades of color hear and speak well enough to communicate over the telephone and in person at distance up to 50 feet over nose of equipment must be physically fit enough to carry fire equipment as needed walk over rough terrain climb hills open and close heavy gates load and upload vehicles and work outdoors for long period of time in all type of weather condition safely wear and work in a self-contained apparatus(SCBA) without medical or physical restrictions.
- Firefighting duties accordance with district standards.
- Operations policies and procedures relating to the responsibilities of the fire engineer position.
- Maintenance of vehicles apparatus and equipment.
- Should have knowledge of first aid.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the position of firefighter.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering & Certificate in fire and safety engineering.