Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records- prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals/Departures , assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
RESERVATION AGENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes reservations of Hotel and Flights by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the supplier and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines rates based on the selling tactics of the Company
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the Suppliers.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the clients.
- Understands the Company's
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquires and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Making arrangements for clients travel programs.
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house.
- Open and close the availability as and when required in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, English & Arabic. Knowledge of Galileo or Amadeus is a must
Previous IATA travel agency experience desired. Experience in Hotel and Flight software and their functionalities.